Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A few of my favorite things...


New pic from different vantage point so you can get the feel of the room. Don't all speak at once. Please, don't be shy. Any advice is welcome. How would you arrange the bookshelf?

A bookcase that's been in my family for years. It began in my dad's office, then wound up in our family home, and now it's in my family room. As a child I used to fit inside while playing hide and seek. As you can see, we kids accessorized it from the get go. The pennies fit perfectly. Lucky for me, it fit in with my mid-century modern, male inspired room. I am not a "cling-on", definitely no Star Trek for me, but I just couldn't let it go to sale. Too many memories. I'm still in the process of redoing this room and I'm a bit stumped as to how to arrange the shelves. I like this grouped look, but wonder if others think it odd the rest are empty. I don't want it to become too cluttered. Any suggestions or critiques are welcome.

6 comments:

Another Shade of Grey said...

Is it that hopeless? Maybe I can get better pics in the daylight. This wall is a focal wall and is dark brown. The rest of the walls are a neutral tan. My other main piece in this room is a danish modern low credenza/dresser which I use as a media center. Any ideas are welcomed.

Anonymous said...

I think some stacks of books,,,,would look nice in the right colors, Black , blue and browns .Also some plant with very linear lines would be nice.... just some thoughts, worth the amount tucked inside the brass door pulls on the piece.
Blessu Creations Etc. I think it is grand you saved this piece."Memories Are Made of This "

Another Shade of Grey said...

I only do real plants. No fake stuff. The stacked books might work. So you're saying it does look odd with the empty shelves...

Anonymous said...

It would look more complete if you have something on the empty shelves - maybe something with more color to contrast against the wood. It's a lovely bookcase and looks good in your room.

Di Overton said...

Try high to low arrangments on the top shelf, then low to high on the next one and so on. You will get a flowing effect that looks quite stunning.

Another Shade of Grey said...

I took your advice and I rearranged them. Everything now takes up four shelves, the top two on each side. I like how it looks. I think what I need to do is buy a few more special things to fill it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...