Friday, February 09, 2007

Merete Rasmussen


I came across the work of Merete Rasmussen not long ago and I finally have photos to share. A ceramicist, her first love is sculpture, but I'm considering holding her hostage to demand her focus be tableware. These pieces are earthenware, slipcast and hollow, which makes hot food in bowls stay warm longer and you don't burn yourself when you hold it in your hand. These shapes are just begging to be touched. I encourage you to visit her site and view all her work, but make SURE you check out her plates and bowls. There's a black and white botanical set to die for. My favorite. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Di Overton said...

I love them they look soft

Unknown said...

They're like Jordan almonds. So unusual and tactile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...